Oracle Enterprise Manager webconsole does not work on netscape on my test 9i RAC

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 13:40:11 -0400

Hi Members,
I have setup 9i test RAC on Oracle Enterprise Linux 5. On my previous
installations on windows xp for non-rac single instance databases, at
the end of the installation, dbca would provide a url for oracle
enterprise manager something like http://hostname:1158 but on my test
rac, dbca did not output any urls of this sort. I checked the
installation logs and there were no trace of the OEM url . I was
trying http://hostnamewithandwithoutdomainname:port with
portnumbers:1158,1521,3339,5500 but none of them worked. I also tried
http://privateip/publicip:port but even this doesn't work. Even tried
with /em at the end on all occasions. I learnt that OEM url works only
on netscape and IE. I have netscape installed on both my nodes and
have made sure that service httpd is running. I do not have a
management server. I'm trying to directly connect to the server as in
the client/server OEM architecture. I have rac instances orcl1 and
orcl2 on node1 and node2 respectively accessing database orcl with an
additional instance/database named catdb (for rman) on node2. There is
no file named emctl under $ORACLE_HOME/bin. I believe that this would
appear when I setup OMS. Please help. Thanks in advance.