Oracle E-business suie 11i with UTF8 characterset

  • From: "Venkata Giri PG" <dbagiri@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:59:48 +0000

Hi,

We are using Oracle E-business suite 11.5.10.2 with UTF8 Characterset on SunSolaris.

We have some custom reports with text as output format and they work fine. Now
I changed the output format to pdf on concurrent program definition screen,
then submited concurrent request, output is generated but it all junk
characters.

Then I changed standard concurrent programs "Active users" output format to
pdf, then submited concurrent request, output is generated but this is in
proper text, it is not junk characters.

Then in the metalink I found the note 340695.1, then I understood that this a
limitation with UTF8, If this is limitation how come standard reports are working. Then I changed the custom concurrent program output format to postscript, then submited concurent request, output generated and opened with ghostvewer and still the output is junk characters.

Then I changed standard concurrent program "Active users" output format to
postscipt, submitted concurrent reqeust, output generated, when viewed this in
ghostviewer it is all proper text, it is not junk characters.

My question here are:

1) Is there any thing we are missing here
2) How come standard reports works but not custom reports

Do I need to configure anything else..

I appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks
Giri