RE: Oracle Data Report to Excel Spreadsheet

  • From: "Bill Coulam" <bill.coulam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:50:34 -0600

Checking some of my facts, found that Mr. Kyte uses "application/excel" for
his MIME type. And he mentions the use of a custom package called owa_sylk
that seems to be intended to output data in ASCII format that Excel can
recongize. I saved off one of his examples and it worked semi-OK with a few
errors. So you may need to update owa_sylk for later versions of Excel.

Good thread here:
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:769425837
805