RE: Oracle Data Report to Excel Spreadsheet

  • From: "Bill Coulam" <bill.coulam@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:42:47 -0600

My sample code is at home. Not sure I can find it. Haven't had to do this
since '97.

As I recall, you have to manipulate the HTTP header, using
owa_util.mime_header and close_header or something like that. You specify
the MIME type as application/vnd.ms-excel.

The you output text with commas or tabs using htp/htf. I never toyed with
Excel's binary format to see if I could interface with that. Probably not.
Perhaps with the latest Excel versions you can output XML that Excel can
recognize and display.

Hope that gives you a few more keywords to go off of.

- bill c.