Re: Oracle DBA head count !

  • From: "Sinardy Xing" <oracle.rdbms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 17:35:59 +0800

for large system then create a dba team with one senior taking care team
projects or tasks, I think it will be easier for you to manage the resources
like that, by ALTER TEAM SET AUTOEXTEND ON MAXSIZE UNLIMITED.

If small environment 2 DBAs is reasonable, in case one go to toilet the
other one still can surf Internet.

On 10/3/06, Siva Valiveru <SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone any have any formula /guidelines/reference for a measurement to evaluate 'n' number of DBAs needed to support x/y development and production databases.

I know there won't be a hard and fast rule for this, any industry
guidelines you use at your shop. Any past discussion on the subject( I am
sure we would have ran one in past) ?

Thanks in advance!

- Siva

-- regards,