Re: Oracle DBA future

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tim@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:56:47 +1100

Tim Gorman wrote,on my timestamp of 5/03/2008 1:50 PM:

time. The only way to make those all into good years is to work like crazy to retain past lessons, learn new things, share them, and make things happen. It's worked for over 20 years, so I hope it'll work for another 15...

Of course it will.  I've got 30 of them to
prove it. And many more to come.

But the key point in there is retain past lessons.
Without that, one is forever condemned
to reinvent the wheel or repeat past errors.

One way of ensuring that is to stop running
away from problems.  In other words: get
a long term gig and make it work, instead
of the "hit-and-run" that characterizes so many
of the temp jobs.

In the coming economic storm, I can't
emphasize the importance of this any
higher...