Re: Oracle Configuration Manager

  • From: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:21:41 -0500

On 2/20/07, Robyn <robyn.sands@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree with Ethan ...

I received the same message last week and we're already in the midst
of all the DST and CPU patches ... my first thought was that we had to
start over with our patch testing so we could include this one.  Once
I realized what it really was, I was ticked.  The email was deceptive

As for Oracle support and RDA information, as soon as the shift
changes and the next global support center gets involved, we get the
same questions all over again ...

Robyn

On that subject of patches changing - the most recent CPUs for 10g win32
were modified within the past 2 days. I"m waiting for the changes to the
readme.html to reflect the changes made before attempting to determine what
changed.

Freeze the patches, including the file readme.html - Oracle Support!
Cut the re-upload crap. Period.
I don't need changes to patches that we're already deploying.
Version them and put them in the next patch.
If they are fubared - send out an email informing me that the patch is hosed
- it would not be the first time - and tell me which newly numbered patch
should be used instead.

Paul

On 2/20/07, Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reidy, Ron wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't be surprised. The RDA gathers feature usage information and
> > I think it will be just a matter of time until the issue of license
> > compliance begins to exist when submitting SRs.
> >
> > rr

> Actually, why don't you submit your driving habits to the state police,
> it would really save them
> some time on writing speeding tickets.
>
> --
> Mladen Gogala
> Sr. Oracle DBA
> Video Monitoring Systems
> 1500 Broadway
> New York City, NY 10036
> Phone: (212) 329-5201
> Email: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx

-- ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level 4';