Oracle Clusterware upgrade

  • From: "Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle-L Freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 16:01:54 +0100

All

we have some development machines with Oracle clusterware 10.1 on them, and
about 8 cluster databases with storage on RAW+ASM (Kevin can stop falling
about now). i.e no ASMLIB. I'm looking at upgrading this whole setup to 10.2.
Adding to the fun is the fact that each install has its own software owner -
including clusterware - and, entertainingly inventory. A rather large part
of me would really quite like to blow the whole lot away and start from
scratch - but this is 8 environments and there will be a production system
to follow later. So has anyone upgraded Oracle clusterware from 10.1
to 10.2without at that stage upgrading the associated databases. If so
pointers to
relevant FM would be helpful indeed. Equally I'd value feedback from people
running 10.1 databases on 10.2 clusterware.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA