Oracle Clinical

  • From: "Goulet, Richard" <Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ORACLE-L (oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:04:36 +0000

Bother!  This is one of these questions where the answer seems simple enough,
but there are those who want confirmation from a wider audience.  So, here is
the environment:
Oracle Clinical 4.5.3 (yes old)
RDBMS 9.2.0.6 EE
Solaris 9

The above is running at a client location and we need to move it into our data
center with the minimum amount of downtime possible.  What is being proposed is:

OC 4.5.3 on VMWARE, using the physical to virtual method
RDBMS 9.2.0.6
Solaris 9 running in a branded zone on top of a Solaris 10 base.
And using Data Guard with real time apply to keep our copy of the database in
sync with the clients till we gracefully switch over.

So the questions:

1)      Has anyone ever user Data Guard for this purpose with OC?  There is
next to nothing on OTS/OTN about OC and DG until OC 5 where they talk about
Active data guard.

2)      Has anyone ever run Oracle RDBMS 9.2.0.6 in a Solaris branded zone??
Problems?  And have you tried running more than one instance within a branded
zone?

If you've got any information please send off-list to
Richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

Thanks all in advance.

Richard Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader