Re: Oracle Client showing time an hour behind

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: saad4u@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:16:37 +0300

Clients that connect through the listener inherit it's TZ settings. If you did the change to DST by changing the TZ in your database server the listener (an therefore the clients) won't detect the change until it's restarted.

I've seen it happen several times.

btw, restarting the listener isn't a traumatic event. Clients that are connected will stay connected, the only influence is that during the restart new clients can't connect to the database.

Harel Safra

On 11/05/2010 18:56, Saad Khan wrote:

Harel, I'm not sure how listener start can help! I remember doing it in my previous change orders but I can try in non-prod env first.