Re: Oracle Client for the Linux

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:03:18 +0000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:49:21 -0500, Subbiah, Nagarajan
<Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are 3 files for the linux DB server. But there is no separate client
> CD. Do I have to download all?

As I recall, yes.  9i the client can be installed from the server
disks and availability of a separate client CD was pretty much
non-existant for non-Windows platforms.

Under 10g I was suprised to discover when I tested it recently that
there didn't seem tobe a way to install just the client fromt he
server CD (if you installed the database then you got the client with
it but you couldn't install just the client).  If there's a way i
didn't find it.

Stephen