Re: Oracle Client for the Linux

  • From: Ron Thomas <RThomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:35:46 -0700

Also look at Instant Client on Technet.  I've used this successfully on SuSE
9.1 and 9.2.  Depending
on your needs, it may work for you as well.

Thanks,
Ron.

"To really screw up Linux you have to work at it...To really screw up Windows,
you have to work ON
it."
"The software said to install Windows 98 or better... So I installed linux."
"Windows - How do you want to be exploited today?"
"Friends don't let friends use IE"

             stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx

             Sent by:

             oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
             rg                                  Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx

                 cc
                                                 oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

             01/27/05 10:28 AM
            Subject
                                                 Re: Oracle Client for the
Linux

                  Please respond to

              stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:18:18 -0500, Subbiah, Nagarajan
<Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for the Oracle client for Linux. Can any one point to the URL
> from where I can download the client?

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

Click on the appropriate link (i.e. which Linux), agree to the license
and download the client install file.

Bear in mind that Oracle is only certified against certain versions of
Linux.  I'm told that you can get it to work with others, I think
someone posted the instructions here recently, but I haven't tried it
in a while and it is a kludge which Oracle support might not support.

Stephen

//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l