Re: Oracle Client for the Linux

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:28:15 +0000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:18:18 -0500, Subbiah, Nagarajan
<Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am looking for the Oracle client for Linux. Can any one point to the URL
> from where I can download the client?

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/index.html

Click on the appropriate link (i.e. which Linux), agree to the license
and download the client install file.

Bear in mind that Oracle is only certified against certain versions of
Linux.  I'm told that you can get it to work with others, I think
someone posted the instructions here recently, but I haven't tried it
in a while and it is a kludge which Oracle support might not support.

Stephen

//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l