Re: Oracle Certified Master

  • From: Tim Hall <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 06:46:06 +0100

Hi.

The OCM is a 2 day practical exam. You actually have to do things with the
database. It's not a multiple choice exam like the other certifications. As
a result, it actually proves you can use Oracle for the tested scenarios.

The 2 day practical exam is very expensive. Added to this there is a
requirement to attend two Oracle University courses, which means the the
total cost is very high indeed. Of all the database certifications I think
OCM is the most meaningful, but I refuse to pay that sort of money out of my
own pocket. If an employer paid for me to do it that would be a different
story.

Cheers

Tim...