Oracle CLusterware

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 10:01:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

  I am reading the OTN articles at

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/asm/pdf/asm%20r2%20new%20features.pdf

  and found the following point which is not clear to me.

  In Oracle Database 10g Release 2, Oracle clusterware does not require Oracle
RAC clicense. Oracle clusterware is available with ASM and single Instance
Oracle Database 10g allowing support for a shared, clustered pool of storage
for single instance Oracle database.

  Many single instance Databases can leverage ASM and Oracle clusterware to
economically consolidate multiple islands of databases into a single clustered
pool of storage managed by ASM. This feature allows custoemers to optimize
their storage utilization by eliminating waster over-provisioned storage and
save money by reducing their overall footprints of database storage

  I didn't got the point here as is that mean I can install Oracle clusterware.
Actually I have one Veritas cluster environment where I have two database
server in Active Passive mode with Shared Storage.  I am looking on some hint
as if Veritas Cluster environment can be changed with such solution.

  Tx
  Sanjay

http://mail.yahoo.com