Re: Oracle Auditing with SYSLOG

  • From: Henry Poras <hrp@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:18:45 -0500

Also, I tend to use AUD$ SQL queries for purposes other than security. I
can get an idea of session connection times (between logon and logoff) for
different apps. Sometimes there is a code or network issue where sessions
logon and crash (no logoff). I can query for that. So the power of SQL is
missed when I lose DB auditing. Doubling up on syslog and db would be great.

Henry