Oracle Auditing with SYSLOG

  • From: Andy Klock <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 12:44:12 -0500

There is an option to persist audit records via the syslog rather than
directly to the OS or DB.  My experience with audit records has always
been with AUD$.  Very simple and useful (albeit sometimes slow) to
find the information I need to report on.
I can see the benefit though with locking audit info to syslog (root
only access and no longer having to deal with purging AUD$ for
example) but I also see that parsing information out of syslogs to be
incredibly cumbersome.

I'm interested in hearing if anybody is using syslog for auditing and
how you are managing and dealing with the data.

Thanks!

Andy Klock
--
//www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l