RE: Oracle Auditing (AUDIT_TRAIL=DB)

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:02:07 -0500

9i now allows auditing of the SYSDBA, which means (some? most?) DBAs =
will not be able to cover up their tracks like they could under previous =
versions.  Also, some of the auditing is fixed.  In 8.1.7 under certain =
conditions (I forget what they are), "ANALYZE TABLE" auditing will not =
show up in AUD$.  But at least the cascading "ANALYZE INDEX" does.

HTH!

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA