Re: Oracle Audit aud$ vs Database Logon Trigger

  • From: Michael Dinh <mdinh235@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 19:39:24 -0700

Please allow me to give you a simple demonstration. See the simplicity to
enable and disable auditing? Of course, you will need to test the
performance against trigger. Also, make sure you move sys.aud$ to its own
tablespace. I have not benchmark this against the trigger solution.
[oracle@unknown080027c82a1c ~]$ cat vaudit.sql
select username, action_name from dba_audit_session;

 SYS @ orcl > audit session by scott whenever successful;

Audit succeeded.

 SYS @ orcl > @vaudit

no rows selected

 SYS @ orcl > conn scott/tiger
Connected.
 SCOTT @ orcl > @vaudit

USERNAME                       ACTION_NAME
------------------------------ ----------------------------
SCOTT                          LOGON

 SCOTT @ orcl > conn oe/oe
Connected.
 OE @ orcl > @vaudit

USERNAME                       ACTION_NAME
------------------------------ ----------------------------
SCOTT                          LOGON
SCOTT                          LOGOFF

 OE @ orcl > conn scott/badpas
ERROR:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

Warning: You are no longer connected to ORACLE.
  @  > conn / as sysdba
Connected.
 SYS @ orcl > @vaudit

USERNAME                       ACTION_NAME
------------------------------ ----------------------------
SCOTT                          LOGON
SCOTT                          LOGOFF

 SYS @ orcl > noaudit session by scott;

Noaudit succeeded.

 SYS @ orcl > conn scott/tiger
Connected.
 SCOTT @ orcl > @vaudit

USERNAME                       ACTION_NAME
SCOTT                          LOGON
SCOTT                          LOGOFF

 SCOTT @ orcl >

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Walker, Jed S <Jed_Walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx