Re: Oracle Apps is very slow on Servlets compare to Socket

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ahmed107@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:34:47 +0200

We have been having severe performance problem with Oracle Apps 11i.10.2 core modules running on servlets. We are also noticing hiccups which hang the user sessions for 40-60seconds.

Forms Socket configuration on same hardware and workload is running fine. Please share the experience if someone have come across the > same issue and have fixed it. We have been working with Oracle support also.

Some known issues with Forms Listener Servlet with Oracle Applications 11i:

1. If MaxBlockTime is defined in formservlet.properties, it should be set to 1000. This is set to 1 by default which will has cause hangs when opening large forms. Please see bug 3826000 for further details.

2. The initial heap size of the formsgroup JVM must not exceed 128Mb, otherwise you are likely to hit file descriptor problems which cause a failure in the Forms servlet. Java does not close files at OS level until garbage collection, and a large initial heap increases the time to the first garbage collection, and hence the number of open files. Currently autoconfig only allows one set of JVM options for all the different JVM groups. Please see bug 3810607 for further details.

Regards,
Dimitre