Re: Oracle Application Server Admin

  • From: "Pedro Espinoza" <raindoctor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stephens, Chris" <chris_stephens@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:56:19 -0500

It is oracle diagnostic logging facility.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B32110_01/web.1013/b28950/logadmin.htm#i1027867

Here is my notes:

 Use oracle diagnostic logging to administer log sizes, number of log
files; the following have been changed.

 Edit the following files

 $OMS_HOME/j2ee/home/config/server.xml
 $OMS_HOME/j2ee/OC4J_EM/config/server.xml
 $OMS_HOME/j2ee/OC4J_EM/config/default-web-access.xml
 $OMS_HOME/j2ee/OC4J_EMPROV/config/server.xml
 $OMS_HOME/j2ee/OC4J_EMPROV/config/default-web-access.xml

 Replace <file path="../log/server.log" />
 with  <odl path="../log/server/" max-file-size="5000"
max-directory-size="20000" />

Then bounce all instances, using opmnctl stopall; opmnctl startall.