Re: Oracle AQ Question

  • From: Ilmar Kerm <ilmar.kerm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 17:08:13 +0200

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I still can't get the aq to propagate.  I have a propagation scheduled and a
> subscriber.  But the job never runs.  I found the below in a trace file.
> This shouldn't have anything to do with what I'm trying to do.  131, 52 is
> the session id for the schedule.
>
> *** SESSION ID:(131.44) 2010-03-16 09:44:40.683
> kwqjschupd: schedule not found, unschedule assumed
>

> What do you need to make the schedule actually execute?  I have one schedule
> that I left up since last Friday.  It has no failures, no last error date,
> and no error messages.
>
> I've tried running the associated job with dbms_job.run.  It gave no errors;
> it just didn't run.  I tired resetting the interval to 1 sec -- nothing.
> Nulls in the LATE_DATE and NEXT_DATE is well in the past.  I have 20
> job_queue_processes and 4 aq_tm_processes.
>
> I'm pretty sure that it's just a blind spot in my understanding; that
> there's some very simple thing that everyone assumes but which I'm not
> doing.  What's really annoying is that I could have done this all with a
> materialized view in about 30 seconds but I've spent 2 weeks banging my head
> against the wall trying to do it with AQ because the customer has mandated
> Service Oriented Architecture and, for them, that means queues.
>
> I quess that it's time to bite the bullet and see waht My Support will
> bring.

I just completed a 10.2.0.4.3 database switch with Streams (uses AQ
underneath) and had also a lot of weird problems with propagation. And
the problem was database domain name, one database had domain name
part of global name and the other database did not. After removing
domain name from the destination databases global_name, propagation
worked.

select * from global_name;

Just a simple thing to check, I'm not sure how relevant it is in the
current case.

--
Ilmar Kerm