Re: Oracle AQ Question

  • From: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ujang Jaenudin <ujang.jaenudin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 06:50:47 -0500

AQ seems to have inheritence issues.  Queues in remote databases will
inherit the schema of the propagating queue unless to explicitely hardcode
the correct schema in.  One would expect them to inherit the userid used to
make the database link (since everything else in Oracle does that) but it's
not the case.  The database link does not inherit its domain.  You must
explicitly code the domain part of the database link.  There may be other
inheritence issues like that that I managed to dodge.  I've worked with
database links so much that I assumed that the rules for inheritence would
be the same.  Silly me!