Re: Oracle 9i installation on Solaris Sparc

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:19:58 -0400

On 07/24/2004 06:57:21 AM, Vikram Mehta wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am trying to install Oracle 9i (9.2.0) on Solaris Sparc
> during installation or oracle database configuration assistant fails
> when I run dbca, it gives me this specific error
> Can u help me
>
> $ ./dbca
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> oracle.sysman.assistants.util.NetworkUtils.getOneLocalListenerProtoco
> lAddress(Compiled Code)

Vikram, it looks to me like your Java interpreter isn't working correctly.
It may be a version incompatibility, or it may be a bad Java interpreter
in Oracle distribution. Try downloading the original JRE from SUN and put it
in the right place in Oracle. The "dbca" is just a shell script invoking Java
classes.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA