RE: Oracle 9i RAC on OCFS2

  • From: "Fahrenfort, Keith (HP Shared Solutions Architect for Oracle)" <keith.fahrenfort@xxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 14:41:49 +0000

Karl, the following might help:

        Linux Cert Matrix -> CFS section: OCFS2 is supported with EE but not SE
-
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/database/clustering/certify/tech_generic_linux_new.html.

PS! If this is on multi-core Itanium, note the need for a Java workaround
during installation - see MOS note 400227.1.

Hope this helps! Regards!

Keith Fahrenfort
Solutions Architect, Oracle Competency Center
Americas Shared Solutions Architecture (SSA)
Hewlett-Packard Company

keithf@xxxxxx / Email

Email ssa@xxxxxx to reach our Team
www.hp.com/go/oracle

From: Karl Arao <karlarao@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:38:42 +0800
Subject: Oracle 9i RAC on OCFS2

Just a quick question, we've recently had this requirement of Oracle
9i RAC on Itanium (the reason behind it is another story)

I'm planning to use the latest OS release on the Oracle certification
matrix which is RHEL4. The current OS they are now is RHEL 4.6
(2.6.9-67.EL)... so the OCFS2 rpm 1.2.9-1 (for ia64) will be used.

My problem is, I can't see any authoritative document or statement
that certifies Oracle 9i RAC on OCFS2.
Although looking at it at OS and OCFS2 compatibility (above).. it is possible.

Do you know any references or docs that says "Oracle 9i RAC is
certified on OCFS2" ?

TIA

- Karl Arao
karlarao.wordpress.com