Re: Oracle 9.2 Standard Edition - Standby switchover issues

  • From: "Carel-Jan Engel" <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 15:51:32 +0100 (CET)

I don't have the time right now to elaborate, probably in a couple of hours.

Paul is right about the 'commit to switchover' commands. However, his
suggestion will 'activate' the standby, thereby invalidating the primary
for further usage as a standby. That might not be what you really want.
It's also possible to do a switchover, and switchback later.

I'll come back on this later today.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===