Re: Oracle 9.2 Basic Replication

  • From: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Ghassan Salem" <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:57:14 +0200

Ah right that is the nice old way I was talking about.

Time to find out how to define the refresh groups now :-)

Alex

On 5/12/06, Ghassan Salem <salem.ghassan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alex, just create snapshot logs on the master site, and MVs on the 'slave sites'. You can use refresh groups to insure consistency. replication admin, proxy admin, ... are used when you have updatable snapshots (or master-master replication).

rgds

On 5/12/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > > Hi all > > I am trying to replicate 50 tables from one database to another using > Oracle 9.2.0.7 on Sun Solaris. this will be basic replication, read only > MVs. > > I am reading the replication manual (which talks about ADVANCED > Replication) and it says I need to set up a master site and a materialized > view site, then in master site create a replication administrator, proxy > administrator etc (more steps). > > My previous experience in basic replication goes back to Oracle 8, at > that time I only hahd to create snapshots at snapshot site and create > snapshot logs at master site and create a refresh group to ensure data > integrity. > > In 9.2 do I really need to perform all the tasks I mentioned or I can > use the old Oracle 8 way? > > TIA > > Alex >