Re: Oracle 911 Article

  • From: "Don Burleson" <don@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:47:56 -0500

Hi David,Regarding  http://www.dbazine.com/burleson20.shtmlDavid wrote: "But
do you really think that Oracle Support has ever told anyone to call HIM to
solve their performance problems (his article makes this claim)?"
Hm, what I wrote was this: "- We called MetaLink Support and we don’t
understand their instructions. They said that we could call you."

Yes, I get referral calls from Oracle Support and MetaLink, always when a
customer has no DBA or they have a vendor package running Oracle, and no
in-house technical knowledge to send the required trace and dump files to
Oracle support.

David wrote: "(You) managed to insult some of my favorite Oracle authors".

Um, my article refers to the "pontifications of theoreticians and
ivory-tower academics", and I’m not aware of any Oracle authors who match
that criteria.

Which of your favorite Oracle authors are you referring to?  ;-)

You also claim that I insult the Rednecks of Alabama.

I’ve been studying Redneck Theology for many years, and I’m making great
progress.  Check it out:

   http://www.dba-oracle.com/redneck.htm#progress

Anyway, lighten up!  I think we all take Oracle way-too seriously sometimes.
. . .

Sorry to ramble, but I’m still in-shock after reading something nice coming
from Nuno Souto. . . .

Take care, Y’all . . . .

Regards,Donald K. Burlesonwww.dba-oracle.comwww.remote-dba.net