Re: Oracle 8i on Windows 2003

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:28:19 -0500

Hi,

In-line.

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:23:03 -0800, Jared Still <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 11:02:29 -0800 (PST), Alex <stant_98@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I didn't want to waste my time if someone could tell me it flat out didn't
> work.
>
> It appears that the java version with 8i does not work.  None of the
> assistants
> will work.  I don't really care about that, so I will build a  database and
> see what happens.

If you have the Oracle installer, and watch out for the old(8i)
Pentium-java bug, you have a good chance to succeed with 8i on W2K3.

I've not tried 8i on W2k3, but I do have an W2K3 Server on VMWare. I
can do an install test this weekend if you give me details. You can
reply one-to-one and I'll post results on list.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

PS: Where did PD go when we need a good 8i de-support comment?