Re: Oracle 8i on Windows 2003

  • From: mhthomas <qnxodba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:27:52 -0500

Hi Jared,

There may be issues with V7 OCI for some programs when connecting to a
V9 database. I guess it depends what you want to do. Tests might be
required, or you may find potential issues via research.

We had problems with our PowerBuilder applications connecting to V9
that were based on a V7 client. Its been a while and I don't have the
error messages, but they can be found on the Sybase support site if
you are using PB. IIRC, we had to upgrade our PB, recompile our
applications, and run at least a V8 Oracle client.

HTH. Good luck.

Regards,

Mike Thomas