Re: Oracle 8i crashed: system ts needs more recovery - how do I recover from this?

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 08:11:29 -0500

I have read that the option _ALLOW_RESETLOGS_CORRUPTION will sometimes
allow you to open the database with resetlogs so that you can then export
the data.  However, I have tried it a couple of times with no success.  Its
my understanding you need to use it after running the create controlfile
command.  In this case, it sounds like you need to try it before doing a
recovery.

--
Andrew W. Kerber