RE: Oracle 8i and 9i on same Windows server?

  • From: "Sweetser, Joe" <JSweetser@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, "Alex Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 12:20:58 -0700

One last piece of info...from a database/client connectivity
perspective, I think this should work OK but it's not officially
supported.  Check out Metalink 207303.1 for specifics.  Basically, the
8.1.7 client WAS supported for 10.2 but is no longer.  Client 9.2.0.4
and above is supported for 10.2.0 if the customer has Extended Support.

-joe