RE: Oracle 7.3.4 problem... SLOW Drop user

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:12:16 -0700

> Jared / Everyone
>
> Many Thanks for the input.
> One quick question, the situation makes me nervous. Can I kill the drop
> session? Will the user still be there?

Yes, it may take awhile for oracle to recognize the break, as it will
be busy dropping a segment.

The user will still be there, minus some tables and whatnot.

I don't know what the internal procedures are in 7x for dropping a user,
other than what Cary just told us about.

I do know that it was not unusual for a drop user to cause an ORA-36,
which is essentially 'recursion too deep'.

Jared