RE: Oracle 32-bit to 64-bit (AIX)

  • From: "Ruth Gramolini" <rgramolini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 08:57:49 -0400

Here is the cite I was looking for.  It will allow you to use 32 bit kernal
extensions on AIX 5l (64 bit) to get your database over for the migration.
If you haven't it on the box already, you don't have to do anything.  Just
migrate it.  But be sure that you do not have the compatible parameter set
in your 9.2.0.4 init.ora.  It will definitely cause you major problems.

The problem is with the post-wait kernel extension.

This may help

Note:231901.1 Oracle in 32-bit / 64-bit Kernel Mode on AIX 5L

This patch may or may not help - Patch 2896876

Good luck,
Ruth Gramolini
Oracle DBA
Vermont Department of Taxes