Re: Oracle 32 bit Vs 64 bit

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nirmalya@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 12:56:50 -0700

Look at the docs on OTN

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/relnotes.102/b15666/toc.htm#CHDGAJDG

The 32 bit files are fine.

You just need to recreate the control files and recompile all stored code.

Jared

On 9/6/06, Nirmalya Das <nirmalya@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry forgot to mention that we are in 10g release 1....

Now I have a brand new box with 64 bit oracle installed. Not upgrading,
it is a
new install. I am just trying to find out the easiest and fastest way
to do the
data movement. Trying to avoid exp from 32 bit and imp into 64 bit. So
thought
about bring the hard drive containg data from 32 bit machine to the 64
machine.
If I create the tablespaces on 64 bit and point the datafiles to the
disks that
I brought over will that work?

Jared Still