Re: Oracle 13

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2014 10:53:10 -0700

The reminder about Oracle skipping "v1" is pretty convincing evidence that there will not be an "Oracle13". It is all about marketing, not adhering to arithmetic. :-)

On 11/5/14 10:31, David Fitzjarrell (Redacted sender oratune@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
Shades of SQL Server!!! Blasphemy!!! Of course there will be an Oracle 13; the only number they've skipped so far is 1 because 2 sounded like a better version for an initial public release.

Tell me your calendar is still showing April 1st.
David Fitzjarrell

Principal author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide"

On Wednesday, November 5, 2014 10:08 AM, Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am wondering whether Oracle will skip 13 the way some apartment buildings and hotels refuse to have a 13th floor...

The marketing meetings must be pretty funny at this point.

Maybe they will call it Oracle 2015 ?

-- Patrice
My profiles: Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#%21/profile.php?id=100000206805521>LinkedIn <http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/patrice-boivin/a/933/5a9>Twitter <http://www.twitter.com/PatriceBoivin>

Signature powered by WiseStamp <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install>