Re: Oracle 12c RAC in Docker

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman <dbakevlar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 19:40:30 -0400

On 08/29/2016 07:20 PM, Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman wrote:

And you have that right to make that decision. There is nothing wrong with having an opinion. That doesn’t mean you should push your opinion as fact where there isn’t the data to back it up.

Where did I do that? Besides, our definitions of what is mainstream obviously differ. The notion of "mainstream software" is a very loosely defined one. It's more of a discussion than fact.

Simply state that you don’t prefer it over vSphere or that you haven’t used the product.

I have made all the statements I wanted to make. Among other things, I made a statement that I am enquiring about the software. Furthermore, I see no justification for an imperative tone here.

People stop learning from you when you make grand statements that don’t stand against the data.

I don't have an ambition to teach. I have a lot of things that I want to learn and I have to prioritize. Docker is definitely not the first priority.

Thank you,
Kellyn

On Aug 29, 2016, at 5:14 PM, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:gogala.mladen@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On 08/29/2016 07:10 PM, Kellyn Pot'Vin-Gorman wrote:
Why Docker and It’s Containers are Hot with Investors <http://fortune.com/2015/04/16/docker-funding-container/>
Docker’s Rise to Open Source King <http://www.cnbc.com/2015/02/25/dockers-rise-from-sleeper-to-open-source-king.html>
Docker, the Open Source Darling breaks the Billion Dollar Club <http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2015/04/14/docker-raises-95-million-at-billion-valuation/#160ff9237d62>

Great! I am happy for you and hope you made some money investing. However, I will wait for the time when Docker is on as many desktops as vSphere.
Regards

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA