Oracle 12c: Procedure created but does not exist

  • From: Thomas Kellerer <thomas.kellerer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 11:05:24 +0200

Hello,

has anyone seen this before?

I'm creating a procedure and SQL*Plus claims it has been created and I can
execute it, but it doesn't show up in
user_procedures and there is no source code in user_source

------- start SQL*Plus transcript ------

SQL> select * from v$version;

BANNER
CON_ID

----------
Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.1.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
0
PL/SQL Release 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
0
CORE 12.1.0.2.0 Production
0
TNS for 64-bit Windows: Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
0
NLSRTL Version 12.1.0.2.0 - Production
0

5 rows selected.

SQL> show con_id;

CON_ID
------------------------------
3

SQL> create or replace procedure cleanup
2 as
3 begin
4 delete from person
5 where last_contacted < current_timestamp - interval '1' year;
6 commit;
7 end;
8 /

Procedure created.

SQL> select object_name from user_objects where object_type = 'PROCEDURE';

OBJECT_NAME

CLEANUP

1 row selected.

SQL> select object_name, object_type
2 from user_procedures;

no rows selected

SQL> select * from user_source;

no rows selected

SQL> execute cleanup;

SQL>

------- end SQL*Plus transcript ------

Any ideas?

This is an Oracle12c installation with a single pluggable database on my
Windows laptop.

Regards
Thomas