Re: Oracle 12.2 release for AIX

  • From: MARK BRINSMEAD <mark.brinsmead@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2015 11:50:46 -0400

I haven't worked with AIX for a while, but this seems consistent with past
performance.

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Rich Jesse <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

Hans writes:

And I do wonder why OP is asking for 12.2 for AIX - afaik it's not
released for any platform

It's not, but the MOS note has expected dates for the primary platforms
Solaris and Linux. If it were me and I was planning a new system in 2016,
I'd want to know the dates, too, even if I'm twice shy about adopting new
Oracle releases quickly.

Speculating, based on that MOS note, Windows appears to be 2nd tier,
followed by AIX and others, one might guess a late 2016/early 2017 release
for AIX.

Rich