Oracle 11gR2: Quick and dirty ASM / ACFS benchmark

  • From: Martin Klier <usn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:49:33 +0200

Dear list,

I had the chance to make a quick and drity test of ACFS with Oracle
Enterprise Linux in a VMware ESX environment.

In my opinion, the setup is painless, but I asked myself why I can't
configure NORMAL redundancy in MY way (with only two disks) during
runInstaller, but okay.

Other question that did arise: Why is ACFS slower by half than native
ASM disk access? Is it my setup, is it VMware, is it better on hardware?
I don't talk about the absolute numbers, but the rlation is sad I'd daresay.

This link only covers the performance test and a bit reconfiguration,
not the install procedure which is easily to be found on the net.
http://www.usn-it.de/index.php/2009/09/15/oracle-11gr2-asm-acfs-a-first-benchmark-poorly/

Your personal opinion is greatly treasuered
Martin Klier
--
Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk
http://www.usn-it.de