RE: Oracle 11g upgrade exam

  • From: "Bort, Guillermo" <guillermo.bort@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>, <Tom.Terrian.ctr@xxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 13:29:27 -0500

9i and 10g OCP exams focus a lot in RMAN (almost twice as any other
area) however I'd guesstimate that the 11g exams focus on the *new*
things, like tablespace level encryption and such. In 10g you have a few
questions about TDE, but encryption granularity and manageability is
greatly improved in 11g. I wan to take this exam as well, what are the
pre-requisites?

Is there an OCP downgrade? i.e. if I'm a 10g OCP, can I get certified as
a 9i OCP? Or do I need to take the entire certification path?

Thanks

Guillermo Alan Bort
DBA / DBA Main Team

EDS, an HP company