Re: Oracle 11g - Invisible Indexes

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kaygopal@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:07:51 +0200

At least the invisible index will consume all the resources needed to
maintain it, which the NOSEGMENT index won't do.
That might look as a waste of time, OTOH, it also allows to measure its
resource consumption connected to all the DML, without hampering
execution plans for important queries.

Whatever, it seems some maturation has to be waited for.
It's sounds like a solution, looking for a problem to solve;-)

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel

===
===