RE: Oracle 11g CRS, RAC and ASM on Solaris

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duncan.lawie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:06:37 -0400

Duncan,

            I'm in the middle of planning/implementing a RAC on Solaris
cluster.  The plan is to:

1)       use Oracle cluster services instead of other clusterware, less
finger pointing.

2)       ASM is mandatory with RAC, you don't have a choice.

Dick Goulet / Capgemini
North America P&C / East Business Unit
Senior Oracle DBA / Hosting
Office: 508.573.1978 / Mobile: 508.742.5795 / www.capgemini.com
Fax: 508.229.2019 /  Email: richard.goulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
45 Bartlett St. / Marlborough, MA 01752

Together: the Collaborative Business Experience