Re: Oracle 10gR2 Multi-Terabyte Database Cross-Plathform Migration Method

  • From: "Renato M" <renatomelogomes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: finn.oracledba@xxxxxxxxx, tonguc.yilmaz@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 18:56:28 -0300

Hi,

We have migrated  3 databases with 800 GB form Windows 2000 platform to
HP-UX.
The steps that we have used are:
1. create a instance on HP-UX
2. mount 3 nfs from windows to hp-ux with 3 gigabit nic's
3. export metadata (with read only tablespaces)
4. use rman convert to convert the windows datafiles to hp-ux with 3 threads
(3 nic's)
5. Import Metadata...

[]'s
Renato Gomes