RE: Oracle 10g Where to buy.

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 13:13:54 -0700

If you're not using it for production use, you don't pay to license it.

ie.  using 10g to learn how to use it does not require you to license it.

Developers don't have to pay to write code against Oracle, but
those using the developed code must license Oracle.

But, don't take my word for it.  You can find this info on oracle.com

Jared

Fabio Miranda Hamburger <fabmirha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
06/17/2004 12:24 PM
Please respond to
oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
RE: Oracle 10g Where to buy.

Hi.

> Depends on how you define "very cheap".  http://store.oracle.com will
> sell you a CD pack for something like $60, which is very cheap in
> comparison to the cost of the license, but may not be very cheap for
> CD's.

According to the website, The cds pack offer you to install the software
but you need a license. You can get a `30-days` trial license but you have
to pay more than us$1000 for a 10g license. What others options for a
freelance dba enthusiast?

best regards,

---
Fabio Andres Miranda