Re: Oracle 10g Rel.2 taking longer time when SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

  • From: "Syed Jaffar Hussain" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mark.powell@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 20:56:31 +0300

Mark,

It may not be waise.
Because, killing more than 600+ connections will might take the same
time and apart from that, all these connections coming from Oracle
Application Server using JDBC think connectivity. Even after killing
session, it remains as defunc and killed sessions. That makes other
problems.

Jaffar

On 8/11/06, Powell, Mark D <mark.powell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Have you tried killing all connected sessions immediately prior to
issuing the shutdown immediate?

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

-----Original Message----- From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Singh, Ranjay Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 11:08 AM To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx; _oracle_L_list Subject: RE: Oracle 10g Rel.2 taking longer time when SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE

Yes, we have experienced similar issues and unfortunately we had to do
SHUTDOWN ABORT, try performing a checkpoint before shutdown immediate,
however it did not help us too much, still we resort to ABORT. I too
want to know if there is a solution/fix for this.