Oracle 10GASR2 and Thawte Certificates

  • From: "MacGregor, Ian A." <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 09:59:10 -0700

I'm having a devilish time getting Oracle 10 GAS Release 2 to wok with a =
Thawte certificate.  All Oracle support can do is to parrot the notes on =
installation.  There is a note that there are problems with the digital =
signature with Thawte test certificates, but nothing about real ones.  =
On a UNIX installion the SSL HTTP listener is at 4444, and LSOF shows =
something listening at that port.  The SSL error log references 4443 =
which accoring to the documentaion is an SSL webcache port.  I don't =
have anything listening there.  I cannot even get Oracle support to =
state whether this is a problem or not,
Let alone, if it is how to solve it.

[Fri Apr 22 11:24:12 2005] [error] mod_ossl: SSL call to NZ function =
nzos_Handsh
ake failed with error 29040 (server XXXX.slac.stanford.edu:4443, client =
xxx.
xx.xx.xx)

Has anyone seen this error and how did they deal with it.

Ian macGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx