Re: Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

  • From: Subodh Deshpande <deshpande.subodh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tomdaytwo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 19:52:00 +0530

I think the answer is absolutely right..casue it depends on installation and
components choosed while installing

role is nothing but collection of certain privileges(object privs, database
privs and system privs are different), and this is why if suppose I am not
installing some componnent( like xdb, odm, ultra search etc), then that
componenet related privileges and some default roles will not be present in
that database
conn as sys and fire the below like query

select tname from tab where tname like '%ROLE%' you may get what you are
looking for..:)

thanks..subodh

--
DO NOT FORGET TO SMILE TODAY