Re: Oracle 10.2.0.4 and HIGH dequeuing time for AQs

  • From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:10:54 -0600

Do you coalesce your AQ tables on a regular basis? This is covered by Oracle note 271855.1 "Procedure to manually Coalesce all the IOTs/indexes Associated with Advanced Queueing tables..."

I have implemented this procedure in several environments and have seen significant performance improvements. I don't have the exact details (no longer at the client), but the implementation and testing was pretty pain free and had noticeable positive impact on system load/performance.

Regards,
Daniel Fink

--
Daniel Fink

OptimalDBA.com - Oracle Performance, Diagnosis, Data Recovery and Training

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Lost Data?    http://www.ora600.be/

Pradeep Chetal wrote:

Hi,

We are using Oracle 10.2.0.4 and AQs and in some cases we see that our app threads take a long time to dequeue from AQs.

Has anyone else seen that? Are there any tuning parameters or patches, that will be great.

Thanks,

-- Pradeep

*Pradeep Chetal*
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

*Mformation Technologies Inc.*
*Switchboard:* +1 732 692 6200

Visit _WWW.MFORMATION.COM_ <mailbox:///C%7C/Home/Netscape%20Mail/Local%20Folders/Oracle.sbd/oracle-l?number=110637334&header=quotebody&part=1.2> and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business