RE: Oracle 10 on Gentoo

  • From: "Jesse, Rich" <Rich.Jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:43:39 -0600

Installed it here at work in the background on Gentoo.  Again, like the 9i
install, flawless.  The only "trick" I needed was to comment out the line
below "[Certified Versions]" in the oraparam.ini file in the Disk1/install
directory of the install software, as others have mentioned on this list.

I really like the cleaner install options sans all the stuff that most of us
probably don't use.  Now on for a "real" Gentoo install at home.  :)

Woo-hoo!
Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA